Happy Sunday! Hope you all had a great weekend! I’ve been experimenting with several new items in my beauty routine and thought it would be fun to share my current beauty favorites in case any of you are looking for new things to try. Lately I’ve been reading about the safety of ingredients we introduce to our bodies whether it be food, beverages, beauty products, cleaning products, etc. and I’m trying to be mindful of my choices. I know I will probably never use completely “clean” ingredients in everything I eat/drink/use but I’m making an effort to be more healthy. As part of that effort, I recently joined Beautycounter to introduce safer beauty products into my everyday routine. While I don’t consider myself a big product person, I was surprised by how many different products I use during the course of a day. So far, I’ve been very impressed with Beautycounter’s mission and products so I wanted to share them with you in case you’d like to try safer alternatives to some of the items you currently use.
As you’ll see from my list below, I’m still using several of my tried and true favorites that I shared at the beginning of this year in this post and that I’ve been using for years. At first, I was very skeptical to try new products because my skin is very sensitive and past attempts to introduce new products didn’t go so well. I decided to slowly introduce some safer alternatives and see how my skin reacted. I made sure to try these products for at least a month before sharing them here with you and I’m thrilled to report that I didn’t have any adverse reactions! I’m now a huge fan of Beautycounter and look forward to swapping out more items for safer alternatives over the next few months. I don’t plan to throw away any of the items I was previously using so I’ll continue to use them until they’re gone and then replace them at that time.
Before I share my list, I want to make it clear that I’m definitely not a beauty expert. In fact, I’m so far from one! While I love all things related to beauty, I’m kind of lazy and only use a few select products regularly. So, these are just items that I’ve tried and loved and want to share in case you might enjoy them too.
So, here’s the list of my current beauty favorites! If you have any questions or you have some of your own favorites you think I should try, please let me know! As always, thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!
- Beautycounter Hydrating Body Lotion in Citrus Mimosa – Let’s just start by saying I LOVE THIS STUFF! It smells amazing and actually works. I’m super sensitive to scents and find most products overwhelming. This lotion is absolutely perfect with a light, citrus scent. I’ve also had a dry patch on my leg for quite a while and this has helped quite a bit while other moisturizers I’ve used have not really made a difference.
- Beautycounter Body Butter in Citrus Mimosa – Similar to #1 above (same scent) but a thicker consistency for extra hydration! I use both regularly and am obsessed!
- Origins A Perfect World(TM) for Eyes Firming Moisture Treatment with White Tea – I’ve been using this for YEARS (like probably 15 years)! I love the consistency of this product and the pump dispenser. Easy to use and no mess!
- Beautycounter No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask – I heard so many great things about this mask before trying it and I have to say it’s really cool! You can actually see it drawing out the impurities from your skin as it dries. It’s super easy to use – just apply a thin layer, let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Your pores will thank you for using it!
- Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – This was the product I was most nervous to try because every time I’ve tried a new face moisturizer in the past, my face would break out and not react well. I decided to give this one a try due to its safer ingredients and told myself not to make a decision about it until I used it for at least a month. I’m happy to say that my skin has done amazingly well during this switch and I haven’t had any issues with breakouts. It’s supposed to adapt to your skin’s needs and provide the hydration you need. Definitely a keeper!
- MAC Powder Blush – I use this staple beauty product in the color Melba and love it!
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This is another new product I recently tried due to so many good reviews. I’ve tried several other hair products and the smell is just too overpowering for my ultra-sensitive nose. This stuff smells great and provides some nice volume and texture to my hair.
- Drybar Dry Bar Full Pint Medium Round Ceramic Brush – I bought this brush with a coupon several years ago and thought it was a bit of a splurge for a hairbrush but I ended up loving it! I loved it so much that I bought a second one to replace my old one!
- Trish McEvoy No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Eau de Parfum – As I mentioned above, I’m super sensitive to scents and can’t handle many of the heavier perfumes out there. I like light, clean, fresh scents and this one definitely fits the bill! It’s not too strong and its so pretty! I’ve been wearing this one ever since I discovered it a few years ago!
- Bobbi Brown ‘Nude Finish’ Illuminating Powder – I don’t wear foundation but like to brush on some of this powder to even out my skin tone and remove any shine. Simple and easy! I have it in the color Buff.
- Beautycounter Lip Gloss in Fig – I don’t wear too much makeup but I always have to have some sort of lip color. This lip gloss is awesome! The consistency is perfect (not too sticky) and it comes in such a great array of colors. You guys have to try this lip gloss! I have it in Fig (which looks really dark here but it’s actually a color that’s super flattering on so many skin tones – similar to Clinique’s Black Honey) and now I want all the colors!